Hand Therapists are allied health professionals who have undertaken specialist training in the management of conditions affecting the arm, wrist, and hand. They provide non-surgical management of upper limb conditions and/or post-operative rehabilitation.
Hand Therapists can help with a variety of upper limb conditions, such as:
- Fractures of the elbow/wrist/hand
- Sprains and tendon injuries
- Nerve injuries such as radial nerve palsy, cubital tunnel syndrome, mononeuritis
- Repetitive strain injuries such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, De Quervain’s, Trigger Finger
- Arthritis and joint issues including Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Post-surgical rehab; extensor and flexor tendon repair, ganglion excision, post fracture/ORIF’s
- Tennis / Golfers elbow
Hand Therapy is recognised by the Allied Health Professionals Council; our therapists are licensed Occupational Therapists registered with the AHPC.
If you’re not sure if your condition would be best treated by a Hand Therapist or a Physiotherapist our team will be happy to help; they can ensure you are booked with the right therapist for your particular needs.
Contact Us Here: